The Synergy Journal seeks to publish the world’s premier undergraduate and lower graduate work pertaining to the study of contemporary Asia, specifically on the current political, historical, societal, and/or economic developments in the Asia region. Submissions are open to all individuals within the scholarly community around the world, with preference given to rigorous undergraduate and lower graduate submissions. Synergy is currently listed with the Library and Archives Canada.
Types of Accepted Submission
Synergy: The Journal of Contemporary Asian Studies accepts academic scholarly contributions in the following categories:
Academic Articles should be 2,000-4,500 words in length. Longer article submissions are also considered depending on the level of academic rigour of the content.
Please include the following materials along with the paper submission:
- Bio of Author(s)
- Abstract (200 words) and Keywords (4-5 primary keywords)
- Reference List + Citations (MLA 7th Edition)
- It is the responsibility of the individual authors to follow the correct citation format as required by Synergy. The citation format currently employed by Synergy is MLA 7th Edition. Please use the footnote citation format as oppose to the in-text citation format and provide a reference list at the end.
Please provide your submissions as a high-resolution JPEG file(s). You may compress files into a zip folder for submission convenience. In addition, please take note of below format for a complete image credit line, which you need to submit along with your image file on a separate document file within the original submission.
- Bio of Photographer(s)
- Per Image: A short description with relevance to your submission (date, location, etc.) | Image: Name of Source/Institution
- Example: Lecture on South Asia’s identity politics | Image: Asian Institute, University of Toronto
Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org as attachments in MS Word (d0cx.) format for Academic Articles or JPEG format for Original Photography, with all identifying information.
For each submission, please name your email subject line as “Synergy Submission – [region of focus], [type of submission], [last name]”.
Please include the following in the body of the email:
- Full contact information (name(s), institutional affiliation and the country of origin, and e-mail address);
- A brief (1—2 sentences) biographical note for each contributor (applies to all type of submissions);
- For academic articles, please include a title and an abstract of 200 words max with 4-5 primary keywords that best suit the subject content;
- For photography, please include a title and a short description per image;
- Any additional comments maybe included at the discretion of the individual corresponding contributor.
If you have any questions towards submission, please send them to email@example.com.